In the nearly five decades since it opened in 1976, our UNI-Dome has become so much more than just a building. The UNI-Dome has seen occasional updates and improvements, but never the kind of comprehensive renewal envisoned now. It's time to renovate and renew our UNI-Dome to serve our fans, athletes, community, state and nation for the next generation.
Elevating the Fan Experience
- Football team meeting room
- Roof replacement
- West addition with improved fan amenities and accessibility
- Track replacement
- Seating, bowl improvements
- Sound system
- Marquee signage
The renewed UNI-Dome will:
- Give hundreds of student-athletes a state-of-the-art facility for practice and competition, learning and leadership development
- Give patrons a first-class experience from the moment they arrive
- Raise the profile of Panther Athletics in the Cedar Valley, the state and the nation and compete with other athletic facilities across the country
- Build upon the legacy established 50 years ago and continue to serve as a landmark for the community, state and region
- Serve as an economic driver and grow the economic impact on the Cedar Valley
- Renew its appeal for the next generation — offering fans, visitors, student-athletes, events and organizers a compelling destination in the heart of our community
Built by and for the community
The UNI-Dome isn’t just a UNI landmark. It’s a vital part of the quality of life and economic strength of the Cedar Valley and the state of Iowa. (Figures are based on 2019 data.)
- 40+ single and multi-day community events hosted annually
- $17 million annual economic impact
- 500,000+ annual visitors to the Dome
- 200,000+ annual visitors from outside Black Hawk County
UNI-Dome Renovation in the news
See the latest.
It's time to renew the UNI-Dome for the next generation. The total cost of the project is estimated at $50 million: Phase 1 is estimated at $20 million with over half already raised. Phase 2 is also estimated at $20 million while Phase 3 is estimated at $10 million. Multiple naming opportunities are available and can be accessed through the UNI-Dome renovation website.
Since the first season of football at the Iowa State Normal School in 1895, Panther football has built a legacy few programs around the country can match. With 31 conference championship seasons, nearly 700 wins all-time and 22 FCS playoff appearances, UNI football has built a historic resume with legendary athletes, iconic coaches and unforgettable memories. In 2023, the Panthers honor that legacy with the playing of their 125th season on the gridiron!